My studio is almost complete. You can see the design wall leaning up against the wall, ready to be mounted on the wall.
DH helped me to get my new design wall in place. I used some directions that I found here
. I did modify the size, making it a little be narrower to fit the space. I also used batting instead of a flannel sheet. I also ended up taping the batting to the back instead of stapling. I did tape the two boards together in the front- next time I probably would not do this, as you can see the tape in the front.
|Up on the wall.|
|With quilt on the wall.|
I like the way it turned out. It ended up 96" tall and 72" wide. I only did it 72" wide, as the longarm would have sat in front if it was any wider. It should fit most quilts that I want to make with room to spare at the top for something else. The Quilt pictured will be the 2019-2020 opportunity quilt for Sunshine Quilt Guild. It will be the first to be quilted once the longarm is running. Still have a few things to hook up to get it running.
Have a great week!
You will "sew" enjoy having that space to design your projects on. It makes a world of difference. If you have a ceiling fan...be cautious of FUs (flying units). SandiReplyDelete