A small finish this week for the Laundry room. This panel has been hanging around for awhile, so I finally decided to get it quilted and will put up in our new laundry room. The panel was purchased from Keepsake quilting awhile back.
Nothing added this week, but that will soon change with a shipment from Fabric.com that is on the way!
Design wall this week, making slow progress on my Dear Jane. I have been so glad to have the Long arm back up and running that my focus has been on the quilting part and not the sewing. Finished up two quilts for Sandi and two for me! Next up will be Julie's quilt.
First 3 rows with sashing.
I did have to do a bit of un-sewing as a couple of the blocks were out of order and one was twisted in the wrong direction. I will have to pay closer attention to what I am doing.😃
No finishes yet! Have not made too much progress on my Dear Jane Quilt. We did not get back home until late on Tuesday, and I spent the rest of the week finishing up the quilting on the Opportunity Quilt for Sunshine Guild. I needed to get it done and back to Sandi, so she could put the binding on. It will be displayed at the San Diego Quilt show in a couple of weeks. Below is the Quilt and some close ups of the quilting. I like the way it turned out and hopefully it will sell a lot of tickets.
While in San Diego, I had to make a trip to Rosies! Found a number of fabrics for the Prairie Star project. Now I just need a few more darks.
So here is the damage for the week:
Used this week: 0 yards.
Used YTD: 58 yards.
Purchased this week: 10yards
Purchased YTD: 41.5 yards.
Net Fabric Used YTD: 16.5 yards.
I will need some quick finishes to get the used numbers going again! Have a great week and Happy Sewing!
No finishes for the week. I spent most of the week in Sacramento visiting family, and today I am off to San Diego to see the Grand kids! My sister and I did visit Quilters Quarters in Sacramento, so there were a few adds to the stash, along with finding a cute pattern for a baby quilt for new niece Avery.
The Pattern is called Pearls and is by Zen Chic. The fabric store did not have the pattern or any of the fabrics, so I was able to find the pattern Fat Quarter Quilt Shop on line. The fabrics are no longer available, so I am using a different fabrics for this quilt. It is super easy and should go together quickly. My sister found this super cute Halloween kit to make up and will be sending to me to quilt.
Costume Makers Ball
I also found a couple of fabrics for the Prairie Star quilt and some fun backgrounds.
Dear Jane is back! And ready to be put together. This week I have started all the sashing strips for my Red/White/Blue Dear Jane. The blocks were all completed about a year ago, and I finally feel like I have the time and space to tackle the big job of putting in all together. Below are the first 8 rows on the design wall, with a couple of strips of sashing.
First 8 rows on design wall.
I am using the method that was posted here by Aunt 'Reen. This seemed to me to be the easiest way to attach the 1"strips to keep it all square and lined up. Check back later this week to see my progress.
Happy August and another finish. Sew Many Strips is complete! Nice to have this one done, using up a lot of my 1 1/2 inch strips. Into the quilting Que is goes. Hope to have my Longarm back up and running tomorrow.
Sew Many Strips
Next up- a UFO that needs to get finished, now that I have some time on my hands. Check back tomorrow to see what is on my Design Wall.
Sew Many Strips was a big finish- 20 yards, and nothing in this week. Starting to make a dent in the stash. Still on the hunt for fabrics for Prairie Star.