Monday, August 5, 2019

Design Wall Monday

Dear Jane is back! And ready to be put together. This week I have started all the sashing strips for my Red/White/Blue Dear Jane. The blocks were all completed about a year ago, and I finally feel like I have the time and space to tackle the big job of putting in all together. Below are the first 8 rows on the design wall, with a couple of strips of sashing.

First 8 rows on design wall.
I am using the method that was posted here by Aunt 'Reen. This seemed to me to be the easiest way to attach the 1"strips to keep it all square and lined up. Check back later this week to see my progress.


Sunday, August 4, 2019

Sunday Stash Report

Happy August and another finish. Sew Many Strips is complete! Nice to have this one done, using up a lot of my 1 1/2 inch strips. Into the quilting Que is goes. Hope to have my Longarm back up and running tomorrow.
Sew Many Strips

Next up- a UFO that needs to get finished, now that I have some time on my hands. Check back tomorrow to see what is on my Design Wall.

Sew Many Strips was a big finish- 20 yards, and nothing in this week. Starting to make a dent in the stash.  Still on the hunt for fabrics for Prairie Star.

Used this week:  20 yards.
Used YTD:  58 yards.
Purchased this week: 0 yards
Purchased YTD: 27.5 yards.
Net Fabric Used YTD: 30.5 yards.

Happy Sewing!

Monday, July 29, 2019

Design Wall Monday

Here is an update on Sew Many Strips. Side Borders done, working on corner blocks and then it will all come together. Almost finished!
Sew Many Strips
Corner  blocks
Tomorrow I will be heading to Mulqueen's Sewing to work on quilting the Opportunity Quilt for Sunshine. My Longarm will not be up and running until next week, so Keith offered for me to get it started in the shop. Looking forward to checking out all the fabrics also! Have a great week!

Sunday, July 28, 2019

Sunday Stash Report

Nothing finished and nothing added this week. Hope to change this week with finishing Sew Many Strips. A trip to Mulqueen's sewing may also add to the stash as I am in search of fabrics for my next up project, Judy Niemeyer's Prairie Star.


This will be a challenging project that I have always wanted to make and now that I have the time and a great wall to hang it on, it will be next up! No change in the numbers. Check back to see progress on Sew Many Strips.

Used this week:  0 yards.
Used YTD:  38 yards.
Purchased this week: 0 yards
Purchased YTD: 27.5 yards.
Net Fabric Used YTD: 10.5 yards.

Monday, July 22, 2019

Design Wall

On the design wall this week is Sew Many Strips. The center blocks are done- if you remember I had only finished one block back at our retreat in May. Now I have all 64 blocks done and will be sewing them together and working on the outer border. I have used up quite a bit of my 1 1/2 strips on this one.


This quilt finishes at a queen size, but I may be making it a bit bigger to fit on the King size bed in our guest room. It is nice to be back at my machine. I am loving my new studio. Now if I could just get the Longarm up and running. More on that story in an upcoming post. Have a great week!

Sunday, July 21, 2019

Sunday Stash Report

I finally am back to sewing with a finish to report. Under the Influence is done and ready to hit the que for quilting.

Under the Influence.
It is nice to finally have something complete and to report some usage from the stash. Next up will be Sew Many Strips, so check back to see how it is progressing on my design wall.

Used this week:  10 yards.
Used YTD:  38 yards.
Purchased this week: 0 yards
Purchased YTD: 27.5 yards.
Net Fabric Used YTD: 10.5 yards.

Monday, July 15, 2019

New Design Wall.

My studio is almost complete. You can see the design wall leaning up against the wall, ready to be mounted on the wall.

Sewing/longarm stations.
DH helped me to get my new design wall in place. I used some directions that I found here. I did modify the size, making it a little be narrower to fit the space. I also used batting instead of a flannel sheet. I also ended up taping the batting to the back instead of stapling. I did tape the two boards together in the front- next time I probably would not do this, as you can see the tape in the front.
Up on the wall.
Finished!
With quilt on the wall.
I like the way it turned out. It ended up 96" tall and 72" wide. I only did it 72" wide, as the longarm would have sat in front if it was any wider. It should fit most quilts that I want to make with room to spare at the top for something else. The Quilt pictured will be the 2019-2020 opportunity quilt for Sunshine Quilt Guild. It will be the first to be quilted once the longarm is running. Still have a few things to hook up to get it running.

Have a great week!